Experience the zoo with a big difference. The Australian Reptile Park is located at Somersby, on the Central Coast NSW, less than one hour north of Sydney 's Harbour Bridge and ideal to include with tours going to Hunter Valley or Port Stephen's. This famous national multi-award-winning zoo is now regarded as one of the country's premier attractions.
Major Awards Won
- 2001 winner Best Tourist Development Project in NSW
- 2000 &2001 Award of Distinction for best Significant Tourist Attraction in NSW
- 1998 & 1999 winner Best Significant Regional Tourist Attraction in Australia
- Award of the Decade 1989-1999 for Tourism in NSW
- 1998 & 1999 winner Best Significant Regional Tourist Attraction in NSW
- 1999 NSW Award of Distinction for Environmental Tourism
- Established in 1948, by Eric Worrell.
- Nestled in tranquil bushland with trickling streams, wild bush birds and Australian wildflowers.
- Home also to many Australian animals such as the wombats, platypus, Tasmanian devil's, echidnas, dingoes and some of Australia 's largest reptiles - MASSIVE American Alligators, GIANT tortoises and HUGE pythons.
- The only facility in the world to present a daily funnel-web spider milking show.
- Exciting night functions for groups are available. Party under the stars or revel with amazing reptiles whilst enjoying fantastic food, astounding animal shows and loads of laughs.
- Perfect for the FIT market with loads of exciting daily hands-on wildlife shows.
- International groups are treated to an Australian animal experience.
- International student groups receive unique and in-depth worksheets including bush tucker.
- Ideal to include in tours to Port Stephen's or Hunter Valley .
- ' Spider World' , houses Australia 's only international tarantula exhibit, with huge creepy crawly spiders as well as loads of fun activities.
- Surrounded in the mystique of ancient pasts is the exhibit ' Lost World of Reptiles' filled with some very curious reptiles accompanied by mad Egyptian mummies and the giant icon of Sobek the Crocodile God.
- Photograph keepsakes with cuddly koalas or large snugly pythons.
- The only zoo in Australia committed to saving lives with a venom-milking program in place for the past 50 years. The sanctuary is the sole supplier of venom for all snakes and funnel-web anti-venom in Australia and New Guinea , assisting in saving 300 lives each year.
- Facilities include Hard Croc Café, BBQ breakfasts and lunches, Australiana gift shop, Children's Adventure Playground.
Open 9am - 5pm daily (closed Christmas day).
Adults $25.50 Children $13.50 Pensioner/Student $18.00 Family $68.00 Group and international groups rates available upon request to
Travel by train, car, or coach - Grayline, Great Sights, Australian Pacific Tours and Oz Trek .