The Big Kids 2 Keeper program aims at providing an intense and hands-on experience for teenagers aged 13-18 years and involves as many aspects of zoo keeping that we can pack into one day!
What’s included in the program?
- Learn about the role and responsibilities of a zookeeper and experience a behind the scenes tour of the Park
- Develop animal handling skills and have the chance to handle snakes, lizards, frogs, alligators, birds and mammals
- Gain experience with animal feeding, enclosure servicing, animal enrichment, hygiene routines, enclosure design and the renovation/construction of current exhibit projects
- Show off newly developed skills by presenting an animal at the Keeper Kids Show at 3.30pm!
What does it cost?
The Big Kids 2 Keeper experience is $130 per participant and includes:
- Entry to the Australian Reptile Park
- Behind the scenes, hands-on animal interaction from 9am – 4pm
- Morning tea and lunch
- Certificate of Completion
Professional photo opportunities will occur throughout the tour that will able to be purchased at the end of the tour. Costs are $25 for the first printed photograph and $10 for additional photos thereafter.
Things to note
- Big Kids 2 Keeper runs from 9am – 4pm
- Suitable clothing and enclosed footwear must be worn on the day
- Our Big Kids 2 Keeper programs only run throughout the school holidays
- Each Big Kids 2 Keeper day has very limited numbers and is capped at 16 teenagers per group, one group per day.
- A minimum of 6 participants must be booked for Big Kids 2 Keeper to go ahead. If there are less than 6 participants booked, Big Kids 2 Keeper may be postponed to a later date.
- Please inform Reception of any dietary requirements prior to the tour
- Friends and family of participants are welcome to attend the Keeper Kids Show presentation at 3.30pm. Up to four people per participant can be admitted to the Park free of charge, after 3pm.