At the Australian Reptile Park, we believe that children of all abilities should be able to experience the wonders of wildlife in a safe, inclusive setting.
Inclusive Kids 2 Keeper is a brand-new zookeeper experience, modified to be inclusive and accessible for children ages 7-17 who are living with a disability.
Hosted by three experienced zookeepers, this hands-on tour at the Australian Reptile Park will get kids up close to tawny frogmouths, Australian reptiles, koalas, kangaroos and echidnas!
This experience will take place in our Undercover Area and is fully accessible for visitors who use a wheelchair.
What’s included in the program?
- Two-hour zookeeper experience for participating child and supervision access to the tour for participating carer
- Morning tea (banana bread & drink) for participating children and one hot drink for each carer
- Access to the Australian Reptile Park at the conclusion of the tour
What does it cost?
The Inclusive Kids 2 Keeper experience is $100 per pair. A guardian MUST accompany the participating child (aged 7 – 17) with a one-to-one ratio. One ticket is valid for admission for one child AND one carer.
Things to note
- Inclusive K2K commences at 9.00am sharp, but please be here 15mins early to sign in at Reception to ensure the group starts on time
- A maximum of 9 pairs (18 participants) may join the tour
- A minimum of 6 pairs (12 participants) is needed for the tour to go ahead. If the minimum number is not met, the tour will be rescheduled
- Please inform us of any dietary requirements prior to the tour
- Long pants and long-sleeved shirts are recommended. Enclosed shoes are required.
- Tour will go ahead rain or shine